ALEXANDER KOSTOPOULOS’ Short C.V
– Graduate of the Athens University of Economic and Business Sciences(ASOE),(Business Administration.)
– Graduate of Athens University of Economics and Business (Macroeconomics)
– Master’s Degree in Business Administration with the title “Financial Statements under Inflationary Conditions ”
– Attendance at college in England- Economics
– Attendance at various financial seminars
– Chief Financial Officer and General Manager mainly in industrial and foreign multinational companies, such as: SHERATON (Hotel ‘GRANTE BRETAGNE’), ACCOR (Hotel ‘SOFITEL), ACCIONA (Wind Energy company), etc.
– Regional Financial and Administrative Manager of the multinational hotel company ACCOR (the biggest hotel chain in the world).
– General Manager at Hotel Company.
– Financial Advisor for company organizations.
– Extensive experience in all the spectrum of the Business Financial Services (Accounting, Management Accounting, Budgeting, Cost Accounting, Taxation, Labor, Exports, Financial Management, International Transactions, Banking, etc.)
– Extensive experience in Organization – Business reorganization.
– Experience in Development – incentive legislation, feasibility studies.
– Experience of Reporting with International Corporate Organizations.
– Experience in handling – negotiating with the Public Administration.
PROFESSIONAL – SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES:
-Founder and President of the Greek Financial Management Association (The members are the CFO’s of the big companies).
– He served as a Member of the Committee of the Ministry of Finance for the reformation of the Tax System in Greece, representing the private sector. Many of his suggestions became State law.
– He served as Financial Adviser to the Deputy Minister of Development.
– Invention – development of the ABC System IT product, which automates the preparation of Financial and Tax Statements (Balance Sheet, Tax Returns, etc.)
– Invention – development of F.M.T.- Financial Management Tools computer software, which automates the preparation of the Financial Statements necessary for the financial management of the companies.
– Invention – development of children’s learning product ‘Learn by Playing’, a program that combines knowledge with rewarding elementary school students. The Program is marketed in Cyprus.
– Seminar Lecturer in Business Administration – Financial Management subjects
– Representation of Greece at various international financial conferences – Forums (Moscow, Madrid, Nicosia, Tirana, etc.)
– Author of the book ‘’ Route of National Responsibility’’ (Πορεία Εθνικής Ευθύνης)
Chairman of the Defense Coordination Committee
Athens Exchange (ATHEX)
Since the beginning of 2020, has been leading the Committee on Defense Operations whose main task is the horizontal coordination of the 2nd & 3rd line on defense including head members from Security Information, Operational Risk, Regulatory Compliance, Data Protection Officer (DPO) and Internal Audit.
As Group CFO of ATHEX (May 2011-January 2020) had the main task to supervising at the highest level the Divisions of Finance, Investor Relations (IR), Procurements, Legal affairs, Human Resources (HR) and Administration services.
Worked from 1984 to 2010 in multinational companies (Knorr Bestfoods, Unilever Elais, Pipelife, Minerva Edible Oils) holding high responsibility positions as Finance and Administrative Director.
Headed an international task force in a food company in 2000, for the region South-Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (SEEMEA), tasked with capturing single cost components between subsidiaries, to the information systems and the consolidated Financial Statements of the Group.
As a member of the executive management team of a large company leading the plastic sector, involved in designing and implementing a program of restructuring and reorganization of the company, in 2003.
He led the M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) of a great food industry (FMCG), contributing hugely to its business growth, through acquired successful brands and potential businesses, between 2004-2007.
Graduated from the Athens University of Economics (BA) and has participated in many workshops and conferences having financial and management sound, in Greece and abroad. Has gained educational experience from in house seminars given up on business finance, cost accounting, economic value added, evaluating investment plans, etc.
He is married and has one son.
Member of the Economic Chamber of Greece, Tax Committee of the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, Board of the Greek Institute of Economic Management, the Greek Association of CFOs, “Agora” Management Market & Entrepreneurial Forum and other professional and scientific associations.